Love Story Victoria Beckham

Victoria and David – a love story

David was smitten with Victoria the instant he laid eyes on her. ‘I was abroad with the England team. Gary Neville and I were in the hotel room and a Spice Girls video came on’, he says. ‘I pointed at the screen and told him, “That’s the girl for me and I’m going to get her”. It was her eyes , her face. She’s my idea of perfection.

Meanwhile, Victoria was also aware of the handsome, six-foot-tall footballer. ‘I was doing an interview for a soccer magazine and they showed me photos of different footballers. I had no idea who he was, but I just remembered thinking one word- gorgeous.’

Not long afterwards, Victoria came to see Manchester United play a game at Chelsea. ‘I had no idea she was there and we passed each other in the players’ lounge’, says David. ‘It was the moment I’d waited for and I blew it. I completely lost my bottle and we just waved at each other.’

Slowly after that, David was sitting in the dressing room at Old Trafford…’It was half-time and we were playing Sheffield Wednesday. The boss had finished talking and someone mentioned a couple of Spice Girls were in the stands. I jumped up and said, “Which ones?” – but whoever said it couldn’t remember. I managed to get my mind back on the game but I was looking up to see who it was. But I couldn’t see anyone.

After the match, David walked into the players’ lounge where, to his delight, he found Victoria, accompanied by Mel C. ‘I could feel myself getting nervous again when she walked over and started talking. As soon as she smiled I knew everything was going to be OK and we had a great night. We went out together and arranged to meet a few days later.’

From then on, the couple were inseparable- although they didn’t exchange a single kiss until their 4th date. ‘I’m glad I waited… it was a great kiss,’ says David. In the beginning, the couple went to great lengths to keep their relationship a secret. ‘We managed to keep it quiet for the first eight weeks. We used to fo out in disguises- hats, glasses, all sorts of ridiculous clothes, and it worked’, says Victoria.

The couple were at Victoria’s parents house when they revealed the depth of their feelings for each other for the very first time. ‘David told me that he loved me and I said , “I love you too”. And that was that.’